Images of the Soviet Union at War, 1941-45 (1989)
British Universities Historical Studies in Film No. 8
Explores the role played by British newsreels in creating and reflecting the growth of pro-Russian feeling in Britain during the second world war. When the Soviet Union was attacked by the Germans in June 1941, Britain and Russia found themselves allies against Nazism.
- Run time:
- 55 mins
- Philip M. Taylor
- The InterUniversity History Film Consortium
- P. M. H. Bell and Ralph White
- Production Company:
- The InterUniversity History Film Consortium of the universities of Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Liverpool, Salford, Wales, The London School of Economics, The Colleges of St. Mark and St. John Plymouth, and Ripon & York St. John. In co-operation with Visnews Ltd.
Images of the Soviet Union at War, 1941-45
- Source Format:
- Printed Publication
- Additional changes:
- For copyright reasons we are currently unable to provide the cover image.
This booklet provides expanded context and support for the film.
Sign in to download
- Edited by:
- Sean Dockerty
- Original Material:
- Graphics: Creative Consortium
- Voice Over:
- Michael Shiels
- Made with the co-operation of:Movietone, Pathe and Visnews Ltd.
- BUFVC/IUHFC and underlying rights owners
- Source format:
- Hi-Band U-Matic
- Video Rate:
- Frame Size:
- 720 x 576
- Audio bit Rate
- Cropped pixels:
- top: 6 - right: 6 bottom: 6 - left: 8
- Reason for crop:
- Eradication of video noise
How to cite this film
British Universities Historical Studies in Film, No. 8, Images of the Soviet Union at War, 1941-45, Prod: The InterUniversity History Film Consortium, 1989, Flash Video, The British Universities Film & Video Council website,http://learningonscreen.ac.uk/newsreels/filmandthehistorian/iuhfc-player/?film_name=taylor_bell_iotsuaw_hs8