Visitors to Our Website (bufvc.ac.uk and learningonscreen.ac.uk)
Collection of personal data
We receive personal data, such as name, title, company address, email address, and telephone and fax numbers, from website visitors; for example when an individual subscribes to updates from us.
Our websites do not collect or compile personal data for the dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
Personal data collected via our websites will be retained by us for as long as it is necessary (e.g. for as long as we have a relationship with the relevant individual).
What we collect
- name, employer and job title
- from your usage of Learning on Screen websites and data that you post on the Learning on Screen websites, e-mail to us or send to us in other ways
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- to send you information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have provided consent (you may always choose not to receive these)
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes if you have consented.
- we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- to help investigate any dispute or legal issues arising from the use of Learning on Screen websites
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Consent and controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you consent that the information to be used for direct marketing purposes and market research by Learning on Screen
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Download a PDF version of this statement.